Written by Joe T
Tuesday, 09 June 2009 20:48
What is underwriting? WBWC is a "non-commercial" station. Underwriting is a way for businesses to make donations to help keep our programming on the air and receive thanks on the air.
What does an underwriting statement contain? An underwriting statement on WBWC can include five elements:
- The name of the company or business
- The address or location
- The phone number
- A value-neutral description of the company's product line
- Thanks for bringing the programming to the listener
Why should I underwrite programming on WBWC? Underwriting on WBWC is an affordable way to reach a traditionally hard to reach audience.
- WBWC has very loyal alternative/modern rock listeners. Getting your company's name and information heard on WBWC gives you access to listeners that can't be reached by the other stations in the Cleveland market. Additional demographic information is available for those interested.
- Tax Deductible. WBWC is owned and operated by Baldwin-Wallace College. Due to this, all contributions made to WBWC are tax deductible. (Check with your tax advisor for more information on tax deductible donations).
- Affordable. Unlike many commercial stations, WBWC's affordable rates make getting your business's name on the air more accessible to small businesses and companies. For more information on rates, please contact our business line at (440) 826-2145.
What exactly is my underwriting statement going to sound like? Here is a sample of what an underwriting statement would sound like:
This hour of programming on WBWC is brought to you by a donation from Smith's Café at 123 State Street in Berea. Smith's Café offers a variety of specialty meals. They also have banquet facilities and catering capabilities. For more information about Smith's Café, contact Annie Smith at 555-4321.
Is my underwriting statement going to be buried under a sea of music and not heard by the listeners? No. Underwriting statements are played during breaks in the music at predetermined times. All spots will be pre-recorded and professionally produced and will stand out during the programming.
Who do I contact about underwriting? E-mail our business director at
or visit our Contact Page